Friday, May 3, 2013

Bob's Baptism

    So my ward is a fun ward to be involved in. I love the people that I meet and I absolutely love to serve them. My callings in the ward are Acitivty Day Girls leader (I absolutely love my 15 girls!) and a ward missionary. I was a ward missionary in Utah, but to be honest-we didn't do much. Out here when I was first called I was kind of bummed because of my previous experience with the calling.

    This time it has been much different. We are very involved! As part of our calling, each week we are to devote time for at least 7 hours of study or missionary related activity. We have meetings each Saturday morning with the missionaries assigned to our ward. Through this calling I have come to know many people I wouldn't normally have the chance to get to know-including the less actives in the ward and investigators, I absolutely love it!

  Anyway, through this calling I've come to know this great man pictured below, Bob Ratfield! He has one of the most amazing, hard-working, and dedicated spirits I have ever met! He was baptized May 2nd into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I had the honor of speaking at his baptism in which I spoke to him about the Iron Rod, and gave him a small key chain as remembrance to "Hold to the Rod." He told me many times, "This is a miracle! It's a miracle that I can be baptized!" This man's faith has inspired me and given me new dedication to be more like him. What a special special opportunity this was for me and such a testimony builder!

 photo IMG_1796_zpsf83e597f.jpg


The Church is True! ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!