Wednesday, October 29, 2014

1 Month


     I may have shed a tear today as I put away the newborn clothes. Though it is so exciting to see the growth and development this girl is going through, it's still a bit sad to realize how fast time is flying by. I keep asking myself-am I catching all this? It's as if I want every little sound and wiggle ingrained in my memory forever. Is that even possible to do?

      New things with Lydia this last week: She started "officially" smiling the day she turned 3 weeks (Oct 20). When she focuses her eyes on me, I'll smile and talk to her and she immediately responds with a smile. All week long she has been doing this and it absolutely melts my heart. Brian's mom said that Brian was her earliest smiler and smiled around 3 weeks as well. So she is definitely her daddy's little smiler. 
    Wednesday October 22 she discovered her tongue and pretty much had it hanging out of her mouth like a dog all day. It's just fun to see the "discovery" process when she actually knows what she is doing. It was adorable and so funny to watch. The little things that she discovers just amazes me and makes me want to call Brian and tell him all about it! “Oh look! She just did_(insert ordinary action here)__!” What can I say? #newparents haha 

    At night sometimes after I feed her, I’ll burp her on my shoulder and in her sleep she will giggle. It is such a precious sound. I can’t help but wonder what she is dreaming.

    The last 3 or so days she has broken out in some crazy baby acne. Brian teases that we already have a teenager on our hands.. acne+fussiness. I know it will go away and isn't hurting her, but it is still so sad to see her little face so full of angry red polka dots. The picture below doesn't do the acne justice.. It seriously looks so red and angry.

 photo DSC_0002_zps2eb79e69.jpg
      What a wonderful month it has been. It is just hard to believe that Lydia has been with us so long already, and yet it is getting hard to imagine life before she was with us.

2 comments:

  1. She is so adorable. I can't get over it!! But Anna you did not just have a baby, you look so good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks.. but trust me.. I FEEL like I just had a baby :) And there are lots of areas that definitely look more like my body got stretched inside out-they just aren't for public display haha :) And we agree-she's absolutely adorable and WORTH it!! :)

      Delete

Leave Some Love!