Wednesday, September 30, 2015

One



Every baby deserves to wake up with a crib full of balloons. This little girl had no idea why mommy and daddy were so excited, but it sure made her excited!

This last year has been so special and yet so challenging. Being a parent is so rewarding and yet half the time I have no idea what we are doing. I feel like once we would learn how to respond to one situation, she would move on to something new.


I made her a cake which she had zero interest in besides squeezing the frosting between her fingers. She preferred an otter pop but only sucked on it for a few minutes. My odd child ha.. She has not inherited my sweet tooth!





My Dearest Lydia,

Happy Birthday sweet Lydia! This past year has been a year of growth and more joy than I ever thought possible. You have been a ray of sunshine to your daddy and me constantly throughout this year.

It is amazing to think that the little girl I held in my arms a year ago is so grown and so beautiful. You amaze me with your trust and curiosity in this world. You love to explore and check everything out. 


We've entered the toddler years more than ever-this month you twisted an ankle which landed us in the urgency care. You split your lip falling down the stairs which was your first real blood, and you have gotten so sick that you've had diarrhea for days. (Going on 5 days today). Through it all you still remain a little positive influence on your daddy and me. 

You love being around people-older kids especially. You think they are sooo funny whenever they do anything-including just looking at you. You have a big bright smile that you give easily. And you are amazing at stealing hearts. 


You sleep 12 hours a night. You take 2 naps a day that are roughly 2 hours each though the last nap is getting shorter and I could see us cutting it out in the near future. You usually eat anything and everything and love your vegetables. You used to love bananas but absolutely refuse to eat one since about 2 weeks ago now. 

You love to have something in your hand at all times-whether that is your puzzle piece of a number 1, a hot wheel car, or a piece of paper you have found-something is always in that fist. You love to chase the cat around and pull on her tail but dogs are your favorite. Whenever you hear one bark you usually try to respond with "uh uh". You can say "uh oh", "hi","mama","dada","kitty", and baba for bottle. You also can say bye as well. You don't always say them with their meaning but you sometimes get it right. 

You still love to sleep on your stomach at night and during naps, but you can usually fall asleep in your car seat just fine and even give us some great snores. You have discovered what your voice can do and will scream every now and then-sometimes with a whine in there and it drives daddy crazy. 

You are speedy at the stairs and if the gate isn't up then you are usually climbing them and hoping we won't catch you-or maybe you are hoping we will chase you since you love to be chased. The silly thing is, whenever we chase you, you will turn around and run right back to us.

Baby girl, as I have thought long and hard about what I want you to know and remember from this life, my mind has been overflowing with emotions. I have adored this first year with you. That first day with you I was amazed that I was holding such a beautiful infant in my arms, but the truth is, I had no idea what I was doing or what the next year would be like.

I want you to always remember that you are a beautiful daughter of a Heavenly Father and Mother. And that you are also the daughter of Brian and Anna Larson. You are of noble birthright and a divine heritage. I hope you come to really understand what it means to be our daughter.


I want you to always remember the testimony that your family has of this gospel and to seek your own. Come to know for yourself about our Savior Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for you as well as his love. I hope you'll learn and understand your part and purpose in the Plan of Happiness.

I want you to always remember your love for life that I have seen this first year. You enjoy and love the little things. Happiness can be found every day and in every step we take if we but look for it and open our hearts to it. You've taught me that. I hope you'll take a page from your own book and have joy in this journey.

I want you to always remember to learn and seek knowledge. You are curious about the world and the workings of every day things. Don't lose that curiosity and instead let it be a drive to learn all you can and seek the best education.

I want you to always remember how to comfort, uplift, and love others as I have seen you do through your instant acceptance and love for anyone anywhere. You seem to understand that it doesn't matter what someone looks like or acts like-you love them unconditionally.

I want you to always remember that you are beautiful. The beauty inside you is far more important than the beauty the world feels we should be. Your inner beauty will reflect in all areas of your life. Be the little beauty that I see daily.

I want you to always remember that you are loved. No matter how many goofy disagreements and craziness that happens throughout life, I never ever, ever, EVER want you to forget that you are loved.

Happy 1st Birthday love bug.

]  Mommy 
   & Daddy



You were born on your Grandma Larson's birthday. You two share a very special bond already. I hope you will take after your grandmothers and all the great women in your life. You are surrounded by wonderful examples of righteous women and I hope you will always look up to them and take after them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!