Saturday, September 29, 2018

Dear Lydia at 4


My dearest Lydia

Today you are 4. When you climbed into my bed this morning and asked, "Is it my birthday?" with the most hopeful and sweetest voice ever, my heart felt soft and my eyes watery. I held you close and watched your face light up and I said yes and you broke out in the biggest smile. You've waited for this day since Halloween of last year when we told you that you couldn't go trick-or-treating until you were 4.  I think we have anticipated it now for so long that it didn’t feel like a huge shock but it still is crazy to think of all that has happened in the last 4 years.


When I reflect back on that day when we first became a family of 3.. it was huge. We were so excited to become an official little family. But we were also terrified. I wanted to be strong but I also didn’t know what to expect. How would I be as a mother? How would we raise this precious child and keep her close to the Savior? These questions still swirl in my mind these days but I now have this little girl who is now 4. And she has personality and is fierce and strong and darling.

Today we dyed the milk in your cereal pink and you dressed in your favorite "cinderella" dress for your princess party with your friends. I was determined to help you feel like the princess that you are. You loved running around with your friends and breaking open the pinata, and we loved watching your excitement. 



You have so much energy and feisty sweetness all bundled up into this tiny little girl. You are so smart and social and absolutely brillant. You could be the next inventor or discovery of something superb. You are so creative and original. You love to help and dote on your sisters. You are beautiful with those radiant blue eyes and dazzling smile. You are glitter and sparkles and spunk. 

When we went to the park before bedtime tonight, I watched you climb on the rocks with Adeline and giggle while you both tried to hold your pizza in your hands. You are the sunshine that first made my world glow. Happy Birthday my girl. Happiest 4th year to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!