Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Mail TIME

   One of the most exciting things for me about getting married was the mail. Okay, so call me old fashioned but who doesn't love receiving a letter in the mail? As a child it was the best thing ever. If you received mail, it meant you were SO special! So birthday letters were the awesomest thing ever!
    But who doesn’t like getting that occasional piece of mail that is not like the others.  One where the envelope is handwritten maybe with a cute stamp on it?  When you get one of these in the mail don't you find yourself dropping everything else to dive in and find out who it’s from, or what it’s about? We live in a society where everything is fast pace.  Need to tell someone something?  Easy, just text them, email them, call them.  But when someone takes the time to go the extra step of doing something a little more personal like sending something snail mail, how do you feel?
    Having your own mailbox does NOT mean that mail is now fun to receive however. The mailbox now-days is so predictable about what is inside. With facebook and email, it's easy to just drop a line on someone's wall or shoot them an email. Letters are SO old-school! But not for me!
    Since it's Christmas time I found another love of this season: MAIL! People actually use mail now! I opened the letter box today and found 5 letters---FIVE LETTERS--- addressed to Brian and I that wasn't a bill, catalog, or advertising flyer! I could almost hear the 12 days of Christmas song echoing in my head, "5 golden letters!"
DO you see that below? Yep! That is my name written NEXT to Brian. That is me! Anna Larson! 
I'm still getting used to my name though. In class the teacher will call out "Anna Larson" to get an assignment, or people at church will refer to me as "Sister Larson" and I always find myself looking over my shoulder-"Now who is that and why does everyone keep calling me that?!"
Just kidding, I love my new name. And you'd think after 9 months of marriage that I'd remember it and get used to it. But 9 months of Anna Larson vs 19 years of Anna Kendell? The latter totally wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!