Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Rabbit Rescue

   And so our story continues with a new addition to our little family; Lola. For the past few weeks Brian and I have seen this bunny hopping around our neighborhood. We watched her get chased by dogs and nearly run over in the street and parking lots. One Friday evening we came home and nearly hit her ourselves. By this point I told Brian that I had enough of watching this poor creature scramble for survival.
    So we spent our Friday night chasing after the poor thing and trying to catch her in a laundry basket. I grew up with 15 bunnies at one time, my mother loves them and so I consider her to be quite the expert on what we should do with this poor little animal. The next day after talking to her and then calling animal control, I watched Lola drive away in a caged car (Exactly like in the movies). The animal control man (named Chris) told me that if her owner didn't claim her in a week, then she was mine. A week later I got a call from the Cache Valley Humane Society saying that Lola was ready for adoption.
   After borrowing a cage and food from my mom over the weekend, I skipped class Monday to go pick her up. She's a lop eared bunny and I just think she's gorgeous. Call me crazy, but I'm excited to have her!



1 comment:

  1. oh cute lola. she's a 'lola' for sure:) if she's a good bunny, we'll take her when you move :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Love!