Monday, September 17, 2012

My Sweet 21!

     I am officially OFFICIAL! The big 21! And as everyone is telling me-there are no more birthdays to look forward to after this! I disagree though. Birthdays are good for you! Those who have the most, live the longest! : ) I am now legal to drink, gamble, purchase firearms, rent a car, take a cruise alone (Not that I would ever go alone!) and I can adopt a child! So I guess I became an adult at 18, but now I'm a "true" adult?
    To celebrate Brian and I started on Saturday. Brian found a free bike and has spent the past couple of weeks fixing it up for me. I've been wanting a bike so bad since we got here because there are so many trails to ride on so I was super excited. He finished the bike just in time for my birthday so we took a nice ride to the beach to swim! Saturday's weather could not have been more perfect. It was bright (As shown by Brian's squinty eyes) and warm.
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
    I really REALLY love the beach here. It amazes me how much it feels like an ocean minus the salty air taste and smell. I could live here just for the beach and the fact that there are 4 seasons! We explored the shores a little which turned in our benefit because we found a great football that had been soaking in the water for probably a few days. (We took it home and it is currently drying. I think we'll get some good use out of it!)Photobucket       We also found this huge pipe! I wanted to climb all the way up it.. But Brian being the cute protective man that he is, used his better judgement and only let me climb a good football's length before calling to me to turn around and come back out. I felt like I was in the movie The Fugitive when he's trying to escape through the water tunnels. (Didn't that movie take place in Chicago?!)Photobucket      Then it was time for presents! There was a really good deal on movies going on.. so with some birthday money I got a volleyball, basketball, and the movies! I've got our future dates together all planned out now! Sunday we had some friends come over for ice cream and brownies and my friend Hannah Knecht brought the cute cupcakes pictured below (They had caramel frosting... and anyone who knows me knows caramel is my weakness!)Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
    But anyway, back to Saturday night.. We went out to eat sushi at a place called Hayashi. It was divine. I love sushi (I inherited my dad's great taste buds)Photobucket Photobucket Yes I took pictures of the food Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket     Sunday Morning Brian woke me up with breakfast in bed. Mmmmm Delicious! He made me Eggs Benedict and did a fabulous job. We went to church where the relief society sang happy birthday to me. They were shocked to hear that I was only 21. Everyone always thinks I look older (I hope that doesn't mean that when I turn 30, I'll look 40!) A couple of the women joked "I've been 21 three times already!". 
    We went home where I took a much needed nap and then we made delicious desserts for the friends that we had come over. It was such a great birthday. Brian spoils me rotten and I am so grateful to be married to that cute boy. I had to work later which wasn't so lovely, but all good things must come to an end sometime! Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! They were needed this year more than ever! I am extremely blessed with wonderful family and friends in my life! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!