Thursday, November 8, 2012

Art

    I'm an art history nerd.. I am just so fascinated with all the different styles and movements. People draw pictures to tell stories and share how they feel. Especially back in the olden days when people were illiterate, the church would have paintings of different biblical stories done where they could show their congregations and help explain the stories behind them.
    I could study the history behind the artists and their paintings for hours and never get bored. In college, I planned on getting a minor in Art History, but due to the fact that I finished my 4 year degree in 2.. there was absolutely no room to squeeze in any more classes. Oh well though, it can just be a hobby.
   Anyway, Brian and I went to the Art Institute of Chicago because Brian knows how much I love art. He let me drag him around for two and a half hours, talking his ears off about all the paintings and artists that I knew. It felt surreal to actually be seeing the paintings I have studied about up close!
Photobucket
PhotobucketHere are just a few parts of the museum that I snapped. It was neat to see people that had set up their own canvas and was copying a picture of Monet or Caravaggio. Just to name a few of the artists work that we saw: Monet, Manet, Seurat, Cezanne, Toulouse-Lautrec, Velasquez, Matisse, Picasso, Salvador Dali, El Greco, Renoir, Degas, and Frans Hals. Brian is a trooper to go through all that with me. We didn't even finish the whole museum because it is SO big!
Photobucket
Just for a laugh here is a youtube video of Brian Regan about Art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!