Friday, July 5, 2013

Sister Becca Boo

   One of the blessings of the weekend back in Utah for Mandy and Tanner's wedding was that it "happened" to fall on the same weekend as this girl's farewell. The Lord knew that I needed to be there and it was such a tender mercy that I was able to be there. It'll be tough not to be able to talk to Bex for 18 months, but I wouldn't trade it. I am so proud of her and know this will be the most amazing experience!
   How do you say goodbye for 18 months? With faith.. that's what I have to hold on to, knowing that soon I'll be able to talk and laugh with her again. Meanwhile, down in Paraguay, she'll be lighting some fires of truth. Love you Sister Becca Boo!
 photo DSC_0041_zps801e1d06.jpg
 photo DSC_0051_zps814a89b5.jpg
 photo DSC_0042_zps875b01c9.jpg

Brian often tells me that Becca is his second favorite person to hug because she is so short. HA!

 photo DSC_0028_zps13fc93d5.jpg

Becca and I met Denise through the Best Buddies Program at Utah State. We have stayed in touch with her since and have maintained a wonderful friendship. Denise calls me daily (Rarely does she miss a day) in which they are usually the highlight of my day. Plus she is in love with our cat (that she has never met) as well as Brian always wanting to talk to Brian and hear Minnie meow. She has such a sweet spirit and Becca and I have been very blessed from our friendship with her. She was able to get a ride from Logan to say (hello to me) and goodbye to Becca.

 photo DSC_00361_zpse00481a0.jpg  photo DSC_0029_zpse40b7b13.jpg  photo DSC_0023_zps5d047622.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!