Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wore Have Ink Abe Abe He

    I grew up playing a lot of games with my family. The Kendells are pretty big into their Sunday family board games-Settlers of Catan, Ticket to Ride, Sequence, Blokus, Perudo, Rook, SkipBo, Labyrinth, are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. Brian's family was pretty into a game that I heard of but never really played much: Mad Gab. I remember the first time I met his family over General Conference weekend in October of 2010-we sat down to play Mad Gab and I was blown away because I had no idea what I was supposed to do or how the heck I was going to keep up with Brian's older and younger sisters Sarah and Mandy (they are wicked good at that game).
    When we found out we were pregnant-I originally wanted to tell everyone in a way that was both fun and traditional. So I made this card below:


    I changed the bottom saying from "Might Sit Hairs Praying Nut" to Might Ought Hers" and "Might Breast Ends" depending on who I sent it to. 
   Anyway.. Brian is busy studying for boards and I'm busy enjoying my last few weeks of work with my adorable kiddos. It's going to be hard to leave them-it always is! With all 3 families I have worked with since being out here in Chicago, I have really grown close to all of the kids and it is hard to leave. I do know that with the busy summer that I have ahead of me-and preparing for this baby.. It will be really nice to have some time off to visit family, connect with Brian, and do a bit of "nesting" as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!