Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Sleepless Nights, Morning Snuggles, and Chubby Toes

    "Enjoy your sleep now" people would say when I was 8 months pregnant, "you won't be getting sleep for awhile when you have that baby!" I knew that I would be getting up to feed the baby a few times a night, but I guess I didn't add in the whole 'not getting more than a 4 hour stretch' part. 
    So, it's true that we are flying through life on not much sleep. This little moose is down to bed from 7:30 pm-8:30 am... and while that sounds like a great 13 hours.. she's is up to eat every 3-4 hours. She has a late night feeding at 11, she's up at 2:30, then back up at 6:30 and then sleeps in til about 8:30. She had some great 6-7 hour stretches a few weeks ago-but then she got a cold and then traveling in Utah.. and well, that hasn't happened for a while.
   And to mention--- those few long stretches had me up checking on her to make sure she was still breathing. So while she may have slept long.. I on the other hand was still doing the 3-4 hour stretches. Ha.. I swear I will get this mom thing down one of these days.
 photo DSC_0001_zps4704ea0d.jpg
    But getting up with her has not been that bad.. Heavenly Father knows his stuff. He helps give us moms extra energy to run on little sleep and still run the household. He knows that these darling babies better be cute for us moms to keep waking up to their beautiful perfect faces.
 photo DSC_0050_zpsb4de5cc1.jpg
   He helps us to love and adore them so that even when we should be sleeping, we sit beside their crib and just watch them sleep.. just because we want to capture that moment and hold on to it forever. 
 photo sleeper_zpsa538bd03.jpg
    Seriously though.. Sometimes after I feed her each night and she falls asleep in my arms, I just hold her close and stare at her beautiful angelic face and listen to the little squeaky snores. If I could hold on to these moments just a little longer I think I would give up all the sleep in the world. This girl has my heart more than I imagined she ever could.
    Lately I've been "trying" to sleep train her by giving her, her binkie at the 2:30 am feeding instead of feeding her. So far... not so good. Trying to stick to the book Baby Wise isn't as easy as the book makes it seem. But again.. I'll figure it out someday, for now.. I really am just loving this mother thing.
    I love the small details about this girl that I-as her mother-get to notice every day. Like the way she gets so happy to be picked up in the mornings that she throws her hands back and squeals, the way she smiles with her tongue covering her gums, the four rolls on her left thigh and the 3 rolls on her right, and the way her adorable chubby toes curl from all that chunk.
 photo DSC_0045_zpsed609947.jpg
 photo IMG_0017_zpsaf590488.jpg
   Morning snuggles are the best. Pulling this bright-eyed girl into bed with me in the mornings is so tender and it is the best way to start the day.
 photo DSC_0061_zpsbe14f413.jpg

 photo DSC_0057_zpsd0d54de5.jpg
    Well, and this man.. this stud right here.. Boy am I one blessed lady to have that handsome face to wake up to as well as the beautiful toothless smile of my daughter.
 photo FullSizeRender_zpsf6c84e7f.jpg
I wouldn't have any of this any other way. Those eyes and all that chubbyness just make my heart sing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!