Friday, May 1, 2015

Wild Child: 6&7 Months

     More than half a year has passed since we welcomed Miss Lydia into the world and into our home and hearts. I will admit that it hasn't been the easiest time. Between battling baby acne, colds, thrush, low milk supply, an angry bleeding diaper rash, a clogged nipple pore, and double ear infections-my poor baby girl has had it rough. But looking back. those things are the "little bad things" because the joy and happiness that has come with this girl and all the things that she is learning and doing far outweigh all of it.
     Honestly even the distress that labor brought with all those contractions, and the painful beating that a woman's body goes through to bring a child into the world-is so faded that I can't even remember what the pain really felt like. Which is such a blessing in so many ways.. Don't get me wrong, I know there was pain, and a lot of it, but it isn't something I remember very clearly and I think Heavenly Father has big part in that. We remember those first pure moments of joy when we held new life and the raw emotion that was in the room.
 photo 7 min vs 7 months_zpso6sofjfx.jpg
     7 minutes old and 7 months old... I feel like I was just holding my newborn baby and now I am chasing after a crawling wild child.

 photo DSC_0135_zpsfgwqgtjt.jpg
This girl is my little diva. She has quite the attitude ha! I have loved watching her personality develop more and more over the months. She is my social butterfly and wants to be involved in everything-meaning the center of attention!
 photo DSC_0202_zpslj3nakzr.jpg
Now that it is finally warmer-we are enjoying the nice weather by going to the parks. This girl loves swings! Look at that crazy hair!!
 photo DSC_0207_zpsmqu8sqhr.jpg
"Lincoln and Lydia swinging at a park..."
 photo DSC_0214_zpsfg7heqm8.jpg
 photo DSC_0023_zpsunkfkxvi.jpg
 photo DSC_0040_zps3oghmdnf.jpg  photo DSC_0172_zpswwk1yzpm.jpg  photo DSC_0181_zpspistyxo3.jpg  photo DSC_0204_zpsdm3pm8zf.jpg
    She is learning and growing so much! She loves to feed herself and usually ends up stuffing her face with everything we put on her plate. She is a "crawler" for her own form of the word. She knows how to get from point A to point B but she does it in her own style by flopping like a fish out of water. It's hilarious. But she is so fast at it that I wonder if she'll ever learn normal crawling.
    She is still sleeping 12-13 hours at night with one wake up that we are currently trying to get her to break. She is a major chatter box and will talk and squeal your ears off if you let her. Her favorite toys are her fingers but she'll grab anything out of your hand and make it into something to chew on if you aren't careful. She loves to eat bananas and if you leave a bottle in site she will zoom across the room and grab it before you know what hit you.
    She loves looking at board books and is trying really hard to turn the pages. She and the cat have become "friends" which pretty much means they just ignore each other. She is very animated and makes THE BEST faces that get us all worked up in laughter (which only eggs her on).  photo DSC_0133_zpsasswwjr9.jpg  photo DSC_0143_zps0dppyt4t.jpg
She is not a huge fan of all the crab grass around our home ha. photo DSC_0158_zpsnaawl4mm.jpg 
Yes I am that mom that let my child eat grass-well she munched on it more than anything and then slobbered it out everywhere. photo DSC_0161_zpsmpuvkwww.jpg  photo DSC_0187_zpsp6iiknsh.jpg
Oh I live for this face! Sometimes Brian and I just go sit beside her crib and watch her sleep-both secretly wanting to wake her up and play with her.  photo DSC_0234_zps5e3nmovv.jpg
Bath sinks are the best! Best load of dishes I've ever done!
 photo Lydi 6 months_zpsaif2lrev.jpg   photo Lydi 7 Months_zpsjnz9ixcy.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!