Friday, October 30, 2015

Fall into October

When the trees begin to get that brown sugar and cinnamon look to them, that's when you know that fall has arrived. Breaking out the boots and the sweatshirts in the crisp cool air while sipping on marshmallow laden hot chocolate after a long walk through a park bursting with deep pumpkin oranges, ruby apple reds, and sunshine yellows of the surrounding leaves is enough to make anyone long for this season.

Fall in Chicago is what first helped me fall in love with this place that we have called home for 3 and a half years and it will be one things I will dearly miss. 


Some of my favorite fall activities here have been apple picking at Elegant Farmer in Wisconsin and downing an entire peck of apples while you pick. Then polishing off the tart sweetness with a apple cider donut on the way home.

Raspberry picking at Thompson Strawberry farm and then making homemade raspberry jam afterwards. Then going to Jerry Smith farms to go pumpkin picking and Krolls Farm for a fun cornmaze.

And then there are all the leaves here.. sooo many leaves in sooo many colors. We have loved taking our bikes around the different little towns and riding around looking at the houses perfectly framed with flames of color. We also have enjoyed walking along Lake Michigan with the bright blue on one side of you and the fiery trees on the other.



Fall has always been my favorite season. It's where the world practically bursts with it's last beauty of the year.. I have the hardest time staying in the house when I know all this gorgeousness is just outside our door.






If you are wondering why Lydia's mouth is black above.. yes we are those parents who let our child eat dirt.. but only sometimes Ha, sometimes I wonder how we make it through the days alive with this little girl. She keeps me in a half sitting/standing position all day because she is always trying to get into something. But boy, oh boy.. is she a beauty.






This picture overload is my way of preserving this fleeting but wonderful fall. I am so grateful for photos and how they allow us to preserve moments and memories in this extremely fast-paced world. It allows me to love this season just a little bit longer while I'm glancing through photos on my phone laying in bed at night just listening to the breathing (or Lydia's midnight teething cries) of my family around me. 







Goodbye Fall.. Who knows where we will be when we meet again.

Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!