Sunday, October 29, 2017

Dear Lydia at 3



You are 3 today.

Happy Birthday my baby girl.

I guess I should stop calling you baby.Especially since you like to remind me that you aren't a baby anymore.

Almost every day we talk about how much you are learning and changing, "Did she just say that?" "Where did she learn that?' "Look at how tall she is getting" and "Did her hair grow overnight?"


 1 hour old


1 year old


2 years old


3 years old

You hold the phone all by yourself to talk to "Grandpa" and know all the words to I Am a Child of God, Tale as Old as Time, and Follow the Prophet. You pretend to be mermaids and squirrels and love hide and seek. Having you talk in full sentences blows me away sometimes.. gone are the days of your "Hi Kitty" and how every animal was known by its sound and not the name.

When you throw tantrums and you say "Mommy Lydia mad and throw fit!" it is both horrible and hilarous.

And while each day doesn't start out glamorous.. sometimes you go limp as I try to get you dressed in anything other than your gold "princess" shoes. Or you want to bring your mermaid to the grocery store but it can't be found. And sometimes the day ends with you crying for milk when mom gave you water instead or wanting to read "Green Eggs and Ham" one more time.

It is between those moments that I glimpse our future life together. Sometimes these glimpses frighten me-how can I ever be a good enough mom to teach you what you need to know? But most of the time these glimpses excite me and help me to love every stage you go through. I look forward to all that is in store for us my pretty Lydi.

Here is to many more


We love the way you love and take care of your sister. She adores you and you are so good to her (most of the time).


We love your energy and enthusiasm for all that is around you. You are bold and fearless. Your imagination is beautiful and so special. 


Over the next year there will be many more changes, but we know you will face them head on and with a positive outlook. We appreciate that about you, especially as our family grows and you help take care of and love another sibling.



You are all girl and I love it. You ask for your nails to be painted at least 2 times a day, you obsess over shoes and dresses and when mom puts on make-up you ask to do the same.


You are adventurous and daring. You will set out on your own in search of Heffalumps and treehouses and you are so fun to play make-believe with.

Heres to many more adventures little Lydi.

 ]  Mommy & Daddy



To see her 2-year-old video, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!