Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 20! 3rd Shower!

    So today I was sitting in relief society in Brian's ward in South Jordan and we were having a lesson on service in which we each received a cute little magnetic heart that we were to leave when we did an act of service. As I was sitting there in I couldn't help but look at his mom, Laurie. What a great person to be sitting next to during that lesson. She is such a great example to me. 
    Since I've known her she has been working on two huge,very time-consuming, and SUPER charitable projects. She has been helping two of her good friends, who are both single mothers, with moving out  and helping her find a place to live, and then painting and remodeling a kitchen. She has devoted so much of her time into these serviceable acts that as I have talked with her and helped with her I see how she humbly serves them with all her heart. As you can probably tell, I'm pretty darn blessed to be coming into such a wonderful family. I can't wait. I commented about Laurie in the class and got so darn emotional. She is such a fabulous person and I surely hope that I can learn from her and at least be a 1/4 the person she is.
    After church it was off to Grandma Smith's house for a little family get-together and a small shower with Brian's cousin Misty and her fiance who is getting married in Hawaii the week after Brian's and mine's wedding. I love Brian's relatives, they are just so funny when they get together. This wedding is going to be fun haha



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!