Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 23! The First Shower!

     I had another embarrassing moment believe it or not. I was in good old English class again and we were discussing the events in Cairo with the Dictator who was suppose to be resigning today and how it was odd that he hadn't announced it yet. My dad called about something for the temple. So I left my class to quickly talk to him and when I returned I bumped into those darn desks and caused a domino effect as each one tumbled on top of the other. I picked them up with help from a few members in my class as they chuckled at me and I said, "I just don't have very good luck with these things!" I sat down in my chair a little flustered, but not bad and the teacher went on about the dictator. 
    Well at that moment I got a text from my mom about Jerry Sloan resigning and without hesitating I announced to my classmates and teacher, "The Dictator just resigned! My mom just texted me saying, 'Jerry Sloan just resigned...'" Everyone in the class busted up laughing and I felt the color flood to my face. Shoot! What did I say wrong? I looked down at the text once more and then back up at my teacher as he said wiping a tear from his cheek, "Oh! I didn't know that the Dictator coached the Jazz!" And then it hit me and I wanted to melt away... I will never live this down.
    Anyway, I left class early and was very grateful to because I wanted to get out of that embarrassing situation ASAP! I dread going back to that class on Tuesday because who knows what will happen next! I drove home with Tessa Zenger, chatting the whole way about life, and boys, and marriage. I went to my ward shower that night which was so fun but way odd that it was actually for me! I got some cute stuff that will surely help Brian and I out in our future together. Our good friend Joyce had to dress me up in the wrapping paper and in her words, "Give me the figure that I wish I had" as stuffed paper in my shirt and down my pants! These pictures don't show how I looked very well, but it was pretty funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!