Thursday, May 10, 2012

SURPRISE! ツ

   It all started on Friday the Thirteenth of April. That is the first day when our little family became three. We caught a lop-eared bunny that had been hoping around our neighborhood for sometime. A week later we "officially" adopted her on Monday April 23. Though Brian pretends he didn't want her, he totally did. He always wanted to hold her on his lap and let her hop around.
   So we've had her for about 3 weeks now and have really just enjoyed her (more than I ever thought we would). Yesterday we went on an evening walk around seven out to the train tracks, before we left I had the thought, "I should clean out the bunny cage because it's starting to get full." I didn't act on the thought, but instead thought I would clean it when we goth home. We petted Lola before we left and then took off for an hour.
   When we came home I walked up to the cage and thought, "Why is Lola chewing on little pigs?" I thought the neighborhood children had maybe stuffed their toys in her cage. I then saw lots of blood and hair and thought again "Oh no! They hurt her!" I went straight to the cage and noticed 9 naked mole looking things. I turned around to Brian and exclaimed, "SHE WAS PREGNANT THE WHOLE TIME?!"
    That's right.. Our bunny had babies! But not just a few... She had NINE babies! We thought we were adopting one baby 3 weeks ago, when in fact we adopted TEN! SURPRISE!

   I frantically called my mom, not sure what to do. The cage is barely big enough for one bunny, let alone nine more! The babies were scattered all over the place and blood and hair was everywhere. My mom was at mutual (She's the Y.W president) so she didn't call me back for another hour. It was the longest hour ever! There was a baby that we thought was going to die because it wasn't moving and was covered in blood. I wasn't sure if I could touch them or help them in any way so I just had to wait for the bunny boss to call back (She has raised more bunnies than most people have fingers AND toes).
   Finally she did, and we soon had the situation under control and the babies safe in a nest that their mother had easy access to. 
    They are so ugly.. that they are cute! Don't worry.. Their eyes will open in about ten days, and they'll start to get their fur in the next two weeks. Then they'll really start to get cute! So.. if anyone wants a bunny, let us know eh?!  ツ

 Crazy right?!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, at first I thought you were announcing something, then I saw the 10 and got really confused! Love this though oh and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Love!