Friday, September 23, 2011

Brian left me.. So I had a salad

     Brian has had a very busy week this week! He flew to Columbus, Ohio on Tuesday for an interview at Ohio State University of Medical School. Then on Thursday he flew to Orlando, Florida for an interview today (Friday) at the University of Central Florida Medical School. He said he feels "alright" about his interview in Ohio.. I'm not sure what that means. I am excited to hear from him today and find out how today's interview went. He is certainly a hard worker and I am so proud of him no matter where we get excepted! :)

     ANYWAY! So my week has been quite the adventure! Since it was my first time apart from Brian,  Heavenly Father knew I needed to have a very busy week to not be so lonely. It worked for a little bit. It's hard not to feel lonely when I don't feel well and I have no one to complain to, or when I wake up in the morning alone in bed, or when I have to be the one that locks the door at night, or when the food in the fridge starts to go rotten because Brian isn't there to eat it.. and plenty of other reasons.


I feel like my loneliness was reflected around my apartment.  I had some new friends come out to keep me company...
     I guess the black "widow" felt lonely without her husband as well...
except this is a male black widow.
     We've had a pretty bad spider problem in this apartment, but this week was particular bad. It only made me more lonely because I had no one to scream with (Brian hates spiders more than I do). I found this one in the bath tub.. I was SO scared!  That is so scary to have them living in the same house as us! So we had our property management send over an exterminator today. I sure hope it works!

     ANYWAY! I never realized how much I have grown accustomed to Brian living with me. My schedule is HIS schedule. For example, when Brian is hungry I make dinner. Well since Brian is not here with me this week, I have literally forgotten to eat! I know, weird right? I mean, Anna-forgetting to eat? Not possible. But it is!

    So I remembered I was human and needed to feed my body. So I made a Asian Sesame Italian Salad (Asian and Italian? That's right.. BOTH!) with ricotta cheese, ham, and croutons!  Boy was it heaven in a bowl!
 Looks delicious right?!
     Brian comes home tomorrow (Saturday) and I am going down to pick him up. I honestly can't wait. This week has been way too long for me to handle by myself. I am very grateful for my friends and sisters who kept me sane through phone calls and texts. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE BRIAN TOMORROW!
I miss this boy SO much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!