Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 27! A Sunday Well-Spent, Brings a Weekend of Content

    
     Today was such a fabulous day! Not only was it beautiful, but I can just see the Lord's hand in my life. Brian and I seem to be falling more in love everyday. Our bishop told us some wise counsel that I have come to firmly believe:
Love isn't something you fall into, it's something that grows.
     We watched the movie Charly with my roommates tonight because Brian and a few others had never seen it. And as those of you who have seen it know, the first half of the movie tells a wonderful story of a fun relationship between a young couple and their journey of their love growing. The second half of the movie is what really gets everyone, as the wife finds out she has cancer. The story goes on of their struggle with the knowledge that she is dying and then the ending result of her passing on. Her husband finds comfort through the gospel and an understanding of her death.
     I have watched Charly many times in my life. In fact, I remember watching it at my 5th grade birthday party. (Ya, I still wonder why we did too!) I have been touched by the story and cried before, but tonight was the hardest I've ever cried and the most touched I have ever been. The reason was because I could actually relate this time. What if it was me and Brian in that situation? How would we react? How would it be to lose him or to be the one leaving him behind? It was so hard to think about and something I probably wouldn't have normally but was triggered by the movie.
     The next thing that hit me and caused a wave of tears was that I wasn't the only one crying. Brian was holding me tighter and tighter as he cried through the movie too. I don't say this to embarrass him, I simply say it because it touched me. I knew he was feeling the same way I was--That our love was so strong that we honestly can't live without the other. This love is SO strong and it can't be broken, even by death!
     What a wonderful realization and feelings of love that engulfed us. It caused me to have that fabulous realization of great truth which is that I do love him more than I've ever loved before. I'm ready to begin our life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!