Friday, February 4, 2011

Day 29! Favorite Meals

     Today I got the opportunity to go home to Huntsville and bring my roommates back with me. What a treat it was to have our last "big" hang out before I leave them and have my permanent roommate, the wonderful Brian Larson. Brian stayed back in Logan and hung out with his boys by going to the temple and playing racquetball. The girls and I took a walk on the frozen lake and came home to eat my favorite meal Cheese Fondue, and then it was off to watch a movie and sleep!
     As I was eating the Fondue, I couldn't help but think about how Brian never has really told me what his favorite meal is. When I've asked him his favorite food he always says everything, but I've never asked him about the meal. So... naturally.. I asked him! His response was that he loved barbecued steak-home style.


Swiss Cheese Fondue
Heat on med/low 2/3 c. non-alcoholic sparkling white grape juice in med. sauce pan.
Add 1-2 gloves minced garlic
Add approx. 6 oz grated Swiss cheese and begin to melt on low heat.
Add 2 Tbls corn starch
Add approx. 6 oz. grated Swiss Gruyere cheese and stir until melted.
Opt.  2 Tbls lemon juice
 Serve with cubed sour dough bread & cubed cooked potatoes yield 4-6 servings


     I wanted some sort of recipe to put down for Brian's steak.. but it's home style, which means whatever spices the family loves and feels like putting on and grilling it in a certain way that makes it juicy and delicious. Whenever we go out to eat, he won't let me order steak until I try the way he makes his steak because he says I'll never waste my money on restaurant steak again!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!