Monday, August 20, 2012

Brian's Special 24th...

Happy Birthday Brian!
    Well, it was his big day! He's 24 years old! I got up early in the morning and made him breakfast in which he got to eat on the very special plate. (The tradition of the plate is anytime anything spectacular happens.. you get this plate out to celebrate! We've used it now on my birthday, medical school acceptance, graduation, and now Brian's birthday! With a pen, we've written down the special times on the back of the plate.)
  I gave him his presents, new socks (because he once told me that if he were a rich man he would wear a new pair or socks every day.. I want him to feel very rich indeed). I also gave him two new games, Monopoly Deal (Thanks to Sarah&Brett's family) and Blink! We've been playing them nonstop! 
   Then sadly, I had to quickly kiss him goodbye and send him on his way to school. Sometimes I wish the world would stop for special occasions like this.. "Oh! It's your birthday! No school for you then!" But sadly, it doesn't and it's treated like any other day. Though it isn't any other day! 24 years ago this wonderful world was blessed with a fabulous young man!
   This weekend we're going to go to the beach to really celebrate since our time is so limited today. (I had to work not long after he came home). But Happy Birthday Brian! I love you so much! I'm so happy to be married to such a hard working and incredible man!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!