Friday, August 31, 2012

"Great Water"

     Apparently the word "Michigan" got its name from the Ojibwa phrase meaning "great water" (no idea what Ojibwa is.. but apparently Wikipedia says it's "Ojibwe (or Ojibwa, Ojibway, or Chippewa), also called Anishinaabemowin, is an indigenous language of the Algonquian language family---as if that helps, sounds like a gargle! ha) And after going to the beach I would have to agree with the translation. It is HUGE! I honestly felt like we were at the ocean. Lake Michigan is the fifth largest lake in the world!
    I mean look at these pictures! There is no land visible in the distance (the lake is 118 miles across) and there are even huge waves! It wasn't as cold as the pacific was last year when we stayed on a beach house in California which was a plus. I have to admit, I liked the no-fear-of-salt-in-the-eyes feeling as I jumped through the waves too!

The day couldn't have been any prettier or better weather


We had such a great time that we stayed all the way until dark!
And yes.. Much to Brian's dismay, I had to take a bunch of pictures of course!
And we are still newly weds in my book (Almost a year and a half BABY!) So I had to take the traditional kissing picture with the toe pop and all!

     Such a wonderful day at the beach and a great way to take our minds off school and work! Very VERY relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!