Tuesday, August 28, 2012

There is Beauty Here

    Through our busy lives we are enjoying finding things to explore.. especially when they remind us of home. Only a few miles from our house is a forest preserve with paved trails. (Most people here consider the term "going on a hike" to be on one of these flat, perfectly paved trails. I just shake my head and show them pictures of what a "real hike" is.. Sweat dripping, leg aching, dirt and rocks in shoes because there are no paved trails kinda thing. People are stunned to see things like Zion's National Park and all the mountain hikes surrounding Huntsville, Logan, and Salt Lake).
    Anyway, this forest preserve is really beautiful, ESPECIALLY at sunset. I can't lie, Chicago's sunsets are absolutely stunning. I've gone outside every night possible to watch the sun disappear behind the trees. The sky is always full of pinks, reds, purples, and oranges. It'll never beat the look of the "Purple mountain majesties" that I miss so much, but it will do! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder right?
 (The sky kinda died by the time we took one of us..)
     Brian has his first test the day after Labor day and so he is studying very hard. All his tests are comprehensive with LOADS of information and so he's a bit nervous but I know he'll do great. It helps that I usually work late so he stays late at the library and studies until I come home.
    Work for me is getting better each day as I become more familiar with the routine I am on. The kids started school and so it's now a little flip flopped but that's alright. Hayden reminds me everyday of what a special spirit she is. She constantly tells me "I love you" and tries to blow me kisses.
    She helps me to forget about myself and my worries and lose myself in serving. To be honest, I've gotten a bit lonely out here not really knowing anyone and being so busy. It has been a bit harder than I pictured it would be for myself. But, I love the feeling when I'm driving home and I realize that I haven't thought about myself and my needs once in the last 9 hours of working. Hayden helps me forget the lonely feelings and surround myself in her sweet love.
    Anyway, life really is treating us well. The Lord is pouring out his love and blessings on us daily. We feel very close to him and to each other. I enjoy Illinois! We have so much more exploring to do here and capture more of the beauty here! Hopefully this next weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Anna! Good to see you guys are settling in! I miss the mountains too! Matt said it was really great to talk to Brian the other day and it sounds like you guys have a great set up out there. Moving is tough, our first little while here was hard, but it gets better! You are lucky you found a good job so fast, that is awesome!!! Love ya guys! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave Some Love!