Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Day 46! Embarrassing Moment......

     Something one learns about me fairly quickly is that I don't get embarrassed. Very rarely has this happened and when it does it really means business. I have a top 5 embarrassing moments in which the event of today officially made that list.
Here is the dreadful chair...
     So I'm sitting in my last class of the day, English, and the teacher decided to play a name game. He has us put our desks in a circle around the room. Now these are the old school desks, the ones where when you sit in them they creak and feel like it'll break beneath you. My teacher pulls out a little football and tells us that for the game we have throw it around the room to each person. When you get the ball you have to say the name of the person that threw it to you, your name, and the person you are throwing it to.
     The game began in which it really made me be on my toes because the throws were either really bad and I had to remember everyone's name. The ball was thrown to me and it bounced in front of my chair so I got up to grab it and sat down and tossed it to the next person while doing so I knocked my pen off the desk. I leaned down to pick it up and the next thing I knew the entire world was turning on me as the desk fell over with me still in it. As I went down it seemed to happen in slow motion and I couldn't help but think about how bad this looked to the rest of the class. I hit my head on the teachers desk as I went down and I felt a ton of pressure on my hip and thigh. Once on the ground I quickly tried to get up but found my right arm was wedged underneath me and the chair along with my hair caught in something on the teacher's desk.
     As I tried to free myself I wiggled and wiggled like a fish out of water. The worst part was--all I could hear was laughter and no one was rushing to my aid to help me up. So I struggled and could feel my face going red for the first real time in my life. Right when I was about to give up, the teacher came over (Now he is a very, VERY big man.) and picked the desk up with me still in it and placed it upright! I was grateful but also wanting to ask him "Where were you the last 4 minutes?" I walked away from class later with a hugely massive bruise on my hip, one on my thigh, and goose egg on the back of my head, and an embarrassed/nervous laugh. 
     Thank goodness I saw Brian not long after. I can't remember being so embarrassed and so helpless while the world just laughs at you! Brian being as wonderful as he always is, stifled his laughter when I told him and comforted me. But not long after, he let it out and thankfully had me laughing as well. Laughter is certainly the cure for everything! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!