Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 58! Skiing VS Shopping

     I left South Jordan this morning to meet my mom in Riverdale to shop for wedding stuff, while Brian went off to the Canyons with his roommates to snowboard. I have never been much of a shopper so both my mom and I were exhausted after only an hour. Brian was able to have a wonderful time hitting the slopes in which I was quite jealous I wasn't out there as well. It sounds like quite a day for him. Tonight he is up at one of his roommate's cabin's in Park City. Fun right?
     Anyway, my mom and I met at Jo Ann's to look for zebra material so we could make a sash for the wedding dress. We found some and we then went look for the right pattern.. If you haven't already noticed--I'm WAY picky! The sash has to be perfect. We went over to the mall and shopped for Jewelry and hair accessories. We found a bunch we liked, but the real trick is.. does it go with the style and beading of my dress? Blah, this kind of stuff seems so simple when I look at movies and others.. but either I'm just really indecisive or this kind of stuff really is hard to do! It's hard when I just want everything to be perfect in every way! This day really is ONLY a once-in-a-lifetime, type of event! And I really just need to add this.. My mom is amazing, I would not be able to do ANYTHING without her support, help, and love. Wow, I'm extremely blessed. Not to forget all the help my sister Camille is giving to me as well. She's doing all my photography and helped get me a videographer and everything of the sort. My life has definitely needed their wonderful help right now. I am so grateful to them.
    Anyway, after shopping it was off to work to see my little girls for the last time for sometime. The Lackey's really are such a great family. I really enjoy working and playing with them. Here is a video of just one of the events that the girls and I did tonight with their friend's Hayden and Devon. And as a side note--I'm not going to be able to sit with "comfort and joy" for the next few days. Ha! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!