Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 60! Toothless...

                                   "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" 
     This became Brian's theme song this Christmas because he had two major dentist appointments and let me tell you why..
     On the night of Friday November 19, 2010, my roommates and I all asked guys to the Institute Dance. Obviously I was going to take Brian and so the night before we had made shirts and shoes for the dance. Click HERE to View We had dinner at our apartment and then headed off for the dance in the Institute Building. When we got inside, there was no one dancing and no music. We later found out that the smoke machine had set off the smoke alarms and stopped all the music. So everyone was just sitting around talking. This is where I immediately knew that I had found a keeper as I watched Brian start the entire Gym in a game of "Ride, Ride, Ride that Pony" I laughed as I watched him interact with everyone around him, most he didn't know. It really got the dance started back up as everyone shouted the same phrases forever!
"Ride, Ride, Ride that pony,
Ride around that big fat pony!
Ride, Ride, Ride that pony
And this is how we do it!
Front to front to front, my baby
Back to back to back, my baby,
Side to side to side, my baby,
THIS IS HOW WE DO IT!"
     I could tell those in charge of the dance were so grateful to Brian and for helping them out. How hard it would be to plan a huge event and then have a small thing like a smoke machine ruin the whole thing.
  
     Anyway, once the music started back up again, we were dancing and having a great time. Brian then got this wild idea in the heat of the moment to do a back flip... on the gym floor. I'd seen him do one before, but it was on grass and with his roommate Chad spotting him. Brian still felt he could do one and tried with a different friend spotting him... I watched in horror as Brian flipped and SMACK! Hit his face on the floor.. He looked up off the ground and I saw it.. blood pouring from his mouth. Before he had time to be embarrassed or for anyone else to see that he was bleeding,  I grabbed him and ran him out of the gym to the bathroom. As we walked I could tell he was in a lot of pain and I wanted to go into the boys bathroom and help him.. At that point I didn't care who saw me in there. But Brian wouldn't let me. I knew that one of his teeth was chipped and that was all he would let me see. Brian and I rushed back to my apartment to make some phone calls to some dentists. When he was younger he had chipped his front teeth falling off his bike, and then done it once again ripping open a plastic bag with his teeth on his mission. Both times he had gotten them fixed, but this time he knew it was worse. How much time did we have before his front teeth died and he lose them?
     We hurried home to South Jordan so that Brian could get a dentist appointment that next day. We stayed all weekend there and Brian finally got them fixed 3 days after. The results were that he would need two root canals on his front teeth over Christmas Break, and then he would need them crowned. So now you see Why Brian's needed his two front teeth for Christmas.
     Anyway, Brian went today to get them crowned. Two weeks ago he had the root canals and now they will be officially done... Well sorta, these are just temporary until he gets the permanent crowns put in on the 17th! When he came home, he took off his jacket and there were a blood stains all over his shirt on his back. He said that the blood had dripped down his cheek. Ew... Poor guy. And his poor gums were so bruised and purple. No more back flips for Brian from now on haha.


Here he is with his new "temporary" caps. Look at his poor gums!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!