Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 56! Favorite Dates

     Today's post is just going to be explaining just a few of Brian's and mine favorite days. Now remember that we've seen each other EVERY SINGLE DAY since September 9 and so we have been on loads and loads. So we have many memories to reflect back on, here are just a few!
     One of my favorite dates is the day that Brian walked me to my class at noon and as I got to the door he grabbed my hand and pulled me into his arms. I thought for sure he was just going in for one last kiss, but no.. He lead me over to Old Main hill and the next thing I knew we were playing in the leaves. This was such a movie moment for me because everything was so perfect. This last fall up in Logan was the prettiest fall I've ever seen. There were so many leaves all over campus and Old Main was covered in them. It took us hardly anytime to build the biggest pile of leaves I had ever built, let alone seen in my life. And then came the best part.. we jumped in them. We completely covered ourselves and swam through the leaves--I kid you not! This moment was so spontaneous and random for the both of us that it made it all the more fun to be apart of! I remember as we laid in the leaves Brian started to sing the Taylor Swift song, Today Was a Fairytale. And I can tell you right now that, that day certainly was! :)

Another date that I loved was one even more spontaneous than the leaves. One night we were bored and decided that we would go down to the laundry room below my apartment and... well ride in the dryers! It was kind of a bitter-sweet feeling because it hurt but was super fun as well.
One time we decided that it would be fun to relive our first date if we HAD ended up on the hike instead of in Bear Lake. So we took a midnight hike up Logan Canyon to the Concrete Playground. It's pretty cool because it's this old water aqueduct thing and so we had lots of fun climbing in and out of the tunnels. It seriously was just like a jungle gym... except on the edge of a mountain where we could fall into the canal below and die.. haha just kidding. It was a blast though.

Ha get ready for more because there is more coming! So since our first date was on a Thursday, we have made sure to go out on an official date EVERY Thursday since September. It has worked out great so far and really been something in the week to look forward to. One Thursday Brian told me to dress up and that was it. I had no idea what to expect, but then he took me to the Logan temple where he took me around the side where the benches were and pulled out his backpack. Inside he had his scriptures along with mine. So we just sat in front of the temple and read together. Wow... This was more toward the beginning of our dating experience and it was one of the times that I really felt and knew that this was more than just a relationship, but a forever-eternal relationship.

Here is a time right after the BYU game in football where we won. We went to Angie's to eat and clean a sink with a group of friends. That was a good night! When the waitress brought out our sink full of ice cream, we had a kid on our table pretend to pour ketchup on it and all of us yelled out for him to stop.. this action made the ENTIRE restaurant go quiet and look at our table. We all just laughed and dug in. After we finished we started clapping for ourselves and the whole restaurant did as well. Brian got up and started to bow until I pulled him down beside me. Ha.. and then the most random thing happened.. a guy at a different table started yelling, "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT?!" and the whole restaurant replied "WHO? WHO? WHO?" Talk about unity after that game ha.

     This picture below is when Brian and I drove down to Salt lake for conference on October 2 where in between sessions we decided to check off a thing on my bucket list. I have always wanted to go on a date where we "pretended" to be an engaged couple and go look at rings and have some outrageous story to tell on how we met. So Brian decided to do so with me. We'd only been dating for three weeks at this time anyway so we didn't feel anything too serious. We came up with a really good story and walked into Morgan Jewelers at the Gateway. As soon as the salesman started asking us questions we totally lost our story and stuttered through the whole experience. We were both so giddy and jittery and it cracked me up. Later when we drove away he turned to me in the car and said, "Anna, that could have been real!" I got so many butterflies at that moment that I turned to him and asked him if we could just scream for a minute.. so we did. Just to get the nervous excitement out that this could be real.

Below are pictures of the Sunday Afternoon Session of Conference.
 Right before I went to meet his sweet family.

Below is when we went hot tubing by jumping the fence to the Best Western Inn.

Below is a picture of when we went to the Forgotten Carols. This was an amazing experience for the both of us. It was Brian's first time seeing it and it was my second.. the first for me was when I got the opportunity to sing in the chorus last year at Dee Events Center.
These last two are just some random ones right before he asked me to be his eternal companion! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!