Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 50! Have I Done Any Good in the World Today?

    What a wonderful day! Brian and I got so much done and are both feeling really productive! Isn't that the best feeling? Tonight we got the fabulous opportunity to go volunteer for a Special Needs program. We played with the kids, read stories, and watched Despicable Me. I think we are planning on going back next week because it was so uplifting and special. One of my favorite special needs guys to work with was named Ben. He was such a charmer. All he wanted to do was squeeze my hand and when he did so I would squeeze back and he would just bust of laughing. This was a constant recurrence! I really loved working with these choiced spirits. I was going to go into Special Ed for a long time at one point of my life, but then I switched to a Psychiatric Technician and decided that in the future I'm for sure going to do Special Ed on the side.

    Working with these wonderful sons and daughters of God, I can't help but think how blessed we are to have them here. They were the most valiant children in the war in heaven and because of this they didn't have to be tested when they come to earth. They are put in these bodies so that Satan can't touch them. They have a straight ticket to the Celestrial Kingdom! I know, that we as a society and as individuals, are being tested by them. Isn't that such a wonderful thought? We are should recognize daily our many blessings and look for opportunities to serve more often. If we do, we will see a great difference in our lives.


 “He who lives only unto himself withers and dies, while he who forgets himself in the service of others grows and blossoms
in this life and in eternity.”
 -President Hinckley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!