Friday, December 10, 2010

Preface before Enagement Story: First Date

It's finally here! SURPRISE! We're Engaged!



    Brian and I met on August 27, 2010 where my first impression of him was "What an odd boy" but I wrote in my journal of that night, "I met a boy named Brian Larson and he's a pretty neat guy." Lo and Behold, I had no idea that I would be talking about my future husband. Brian lived in my same apartment complex up at Utah State University in the Old Farm Student Housing. I saw him on and off again over the next two weeks, where he finally got his nerve up to ask me out on a date. Our first date was on Thursday September 9, 2010. The date was planned to be a group date where we were going to go on a nighttime hike up Logan Canyon.
    As Brian and I were driving up the canyon, we got lost from our group and ended up in Bear Lake. He asked if we should turn around and I was just said, "Heck, we're already up here! Let's do something." By this time it was after 11 at night and so everything but the gas station was closed. We went inside and bought squirt guns and were planning on having a water fight not too long after. I had my camera got some pictures of us in crazy hats and by this huge carved wooden bear outside the gas station. We jumped in the car and drove around to the south side of the lake where we pulled off the road and up onto the beach. This is where the evening got extremely exciting as we got out of the car and ran to the edge of the lake to fill up our water guns and then tried to spray the other. This was just a recipe for disaster as neither of the guns worked. Great! There goes $8 bucks! We laughed and went to the car to roll down all the windows and turn up a country song to dance to. The song that came on was Josh Turner's Would You Go With Me.(This and Michael Buble's Everything, has become our song!) He took me by the hand and started swinging me around on the sand. Now where I come from in Huntsville Utah, there are SO many stars in the night sky every single night and I learned in my Astronomy class that with the naked eye a person can see about 2000 stars.. But that night at Bear Lake, I swear we could see millions. The entire Milky Way was stretched over our heads and there were SO many shooting stars. As cheesy as this sounds, I think Heavenly Father was celebrating the great occasion of Brian and I finding each other with us.
    As we danced the next song was Michael Buble's everything that came on and for some reason we just got more into our swing dancing and he pulled me in close---shocking me, I mean, it is our first date! As the song ended he looked at the lake and suggested we go for swim totally joking. What he didn't expect was for me to be all for it. I started running for the lake, rolling up my pants as I did so. He laughed and ran after me where he grabbed my hand and asked, "Would you go with me?" Before I had time to answer, he picked me up and threw me in. Now, those of you that know Bear Lake really well know that one has to walk quite a ways out in the lake in order for it to get deep at all, so when he threw me my pants just FILLED with sand. Not to mention, it was SO COLD! We messed around for a little bit until I got him under---and then it was a race to the car as fast as we could and blasting the heat all the way home to Logan. It was a pretty epic night, and one neither of us wanted to end, Brian especially, as he asked me out the next night.

 
 
This is the sand that I dumped out.. just in my underwear.. that night when I got home and showered. Gross right? This is a bad picture of it.. But it's all I have haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!