Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 70! Tis a VERY Merry Christmas!


Merry CHRISTmas!

       This is one of my favorite pictures of Mary and Baby Jesus. It shows the emotion of the occasion of Christ's birth. Imagine being in Mary's place. How would you feel? Worried? Excitement? Frightened? Of worth? The figures in this picture show their emotions through their eyes and it's very piercing. It reminds me of the song Breath of Heaven. My favorite version is sung by Amy Grant.

I have traveled many moonless night
Cold and weary with a babe inside
And I wonder what I've done
Holy Father you have come
Chosen me now to carry your son

I am waiting in a silent prayer
I am frightened by the load I bear
In a world as cold as stone
Must I walk this path alone
Be with me now, Be with me now


Breath of Heaven hold me together
Be forever near me Breath of Heaven
Breath of Heaven lighten my darkness
Pour over me, your holiness
For your holy Breath of Heaven

Do you wonder as you watch my face
If a wiser one, should of had my place
But I offer-all I am for the mercy-of your plan
Help me be strong, Help me be, Help me


       This song is very touching. It raises many feelings and questions in my mind. Can you imagine the task of raising the Son of God? To raise a son so perfect when one feels as if He really should be raising you? What a challenging task to accomplish and who better to be called that Mary?

       Brian and I had a fabulous Christmas with our families. We were blessed to be given some marvelous gifts that will be very beneficial to our future home life together. The two main gifts was a Nikon d3100 camera from Brian's parents and a laptop from my parents. We are extremely blessed and we loved being with our families. Brian's entire family was out from all over the country and it was a wonderful experience for him to be with them. There was so much love felt this day that we really felt the love of our Savior and His atoning sacrifice for us. It certainly was a very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave Some Love!